- Peel and julienne the potatoes.
- Chop the onion, garlic, bacon and 300 g of the ham.
- Place the chopped bacon in a pan and fry until the fat separates.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for a moment, after which you can add the julienned potatoes. Fold in the pan for around 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped ham, salt and pepper. Fold it all together and lower to a medium heat.
- Allow to cook gently with the lid on for around half an hour.
- Add the sliced tomato and Gruyère slices.
- Put the lid back on and allow to cook for a further 5–10 minutes or so, until ready.
Pair with a fresh salad.