- Press the blue cheese through a sieve to create an even texture. Mix in the soured cream or Finnish curd cream.
- Season the mixture with salt and white pepper, and cognac if desired.
- Dice the pears and squeeze the lemon over them.
- Cut the grapes in half and remove any pips.
- Combine the fruit in a serving dish or serving bowls and pour the cheese sauce over the top.
- Put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Serve either as an appetiser or a dessert.
If used as a dessert, try serving with a sweet white wine, such as the Austrian Lenz Moser Prestige Trockenbeerenauslese 2012.